July 8, 1996 - When The Morning Rush (TMR) started, I was a senior in high school. As I went thru my morning routine, RX 93.1 was always in the background - from "Pop Quiz" to "The Morning Rush". The same routine was mostly the same thru my college life, when I started to work, until now. I grew up with Chico and Delle in the background (while preparing for school then eventually work; commuting to school, now driving to my daughter's school then to work). And as most rushers would say, it made the traffic bearable. When their show was from 6am - 9am, I would sometimes stay in the parking lot until they finish their show before going out of the car. 📻
Their conversations, as trivial as some topics may be, become deep when they talk about it (sometimes green, pero ang galing tumawid 😆), which is also why I enjoy listening to them. They are funny! Hilarious!
As much as I am a Lea Salonga fan, I am a huge fan of The Morning Rush as well. I am what they call a "silent rusher". I rarely send entries and greets. I only send entries if it is something I really relate to (#hugotentries).
My husband and I were fortunate enough to have Chico and Delle host one of the most important events in our life back in 2010 - our wedding. 🎊
Fast forward to 2016, several things have changed. Change is good. I have 2 kids of my own now (same as Delle). And I understand this very tough decision that she had to make. I admire her for this. It's not easy. Really. I can attest to this. This is an ongoing struggle for me. And although it is sad that we won't get to hear her on TMR every morning anymore, I am happy for her. 😊
Last Friday, July 22, I saw a feed on Facebook about Delle making an announcement - her answer to their Top 10 topic for the day: #HowToSayGoodbye. I was already in the office that day so I did not hear this. She said she was leaving the show. I thought it was just a joke. But it all made sense -- location-wise of residence, motherhood (and the daily grind of traffic does not help at all).
Here's the link of Delle's announcement (c/o Claro Tungul): GoodbyeDelamar.mp3
Thanks Claro!
And since it is Delle's final week on radio, I made sure that I was able to drop by RX for her final week on the show, at least once. And I am glad I did. I might never get the chance to see her again. 😔
July 29, 2016 - the saddest day on Philippine FM radio. The end of an era. This is Delamar's last day on air. The booth was jam packed! You can see the love and support of the rushers for Delle (and Chico, Gino and Bea). Behind the smiles and laughter, you can also see the sadness and tears being fought back from falling. 😢
To Delle, thank you for making us laugh and cry, for sharing your voice, your thoughts and your sense of humor. You have influenced so many of us, including me, in so many ways. We will surely miss hearing you every morning! I wish you luck on this new endeavor.
To all the rushers all over the world, let us all continue to support The Morning Rush. ❤️




No comments:
Post a Comment