Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Language of Love
A friend of mine has gone through a seminar which was required of them (she and her husband) before getting married early this year. She explained to me that people have different ways of expressing their love to people, whether romantic love or love for family and friends. Then, I saw a page from our Leadership Training held last year. I never really thought about it until it became applicable...
---
Physical Touch
(hugs and kisses are the best way to express these)
Words of Affirmation
(words of affection and endearment, words of praise and encouragement, words that give positive guidance all say "I care about you.")
Quality Time
(being together is more important than what you are doing)
Gifts
(may not always be deserved or expensive but something that gives a gesture of love and sincerity)
Acts of Service
(acts done freely without coercion or counting the cost -- serving with joy)
From the book: The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
---
So, which language of love do you use?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment