Tuesday, June 07, 2005

My Checklist


A few years back, I had set a list of all the things I wanted to see, things I wanted to do, places I want to go to and the people I want to meet. As I went through my list, I'm happy to say that I have a check mark on most of them already.

  Meet Lea Salonga... and I did. Thanks to the AFLS newgroup and Manila AFLSers. :) The first time I met her was at the backstage of the GSIS Theater after Proof. The next was after the Broadway Concert, then Songs From Home, then Baby.

  See and taste snow... (ang babaw ko no?) Staying here in Minnesota during the winter season made this possible. At first it was fun, but after 2 months of snow, and car crash seems normal, and everything you see is white... you'll see...

  Create a snowman, a snow angel and have a snow ball fight. Of course, where there's snow, there's always a snowman. I always thought it was easy to form a snow ball. It's not as easy as it looks.

  See New York City up close...I'll expound on this one on my next blog. :)

  Be able to watch a Broadway show...Chitty Chitty Bang Bang :) But I still want to watch Mamma Mia, Wicked, Spamalot, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast (waahh! I'm going to miss this production in Manila), and lots lots more!

  Be able to spend Christmas with friends, and prepare Noche Buena on our own. It's not that I don't want to spend Christmas with family. I just want to experience spending the holidays with friends and preparing Christmas dinner, like they do on TV. But it sure made me miss home.

  Drive on the freeway. Yes! I was able to drive here in Minnesota. :) At first I was scared. I have never driven a car without my dad to assist me. In Manila, I only drive alone inside our subdivision. Well, now I can say that I have driven on a freeway. But I don't think I can handle EDSA yet. ;)

  Go to Paris, Italy, and Rome. I want to see the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica. I LOVE to travel. The first time that I was able to go out of the Philippines was December 2003. My parents and I went on a leisure trip to Singapore. Since then, I wanted to travel the world. If only I have the luxury of time (and money of course). Hehehe!

  And of course, someday I want to get married, settle down and start a family of my own. I don't know when that time will come. Someday... in God's time. :)

No comments: